Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Crafts

We have done our share of Play-Doh, coloring, fingerpainting (You've seen how that turns out!), blocks, and other miscellaneous forms of artistic expression. As Eliana gets older, her ability to sit for longer periods of time accompanied with her interests and imagination, has prompted me to look for various simple crafts that we can do together. Recently I ran across a craft that was simple and required coffee filters (Hmm? Imagine us having coffee filters!). So far this has been our favorite craft, but then again, we haven't done very many at this point.  Our favorite family project has been the Thanksgiving tree.  The Internet is a great resource for some of the projects/crafts we have done, but we welcome suggestions and ideas of crafts that you have found especially fun!

Some of the photos date back many months ago, but thought you could be "inspired."
Owl made from learned shapes.  I smile every time I see this photo.
Thanksgiving Tree
Painting on small canvas
Valentine's Day project - added the heart (not shown) on Feb. 14
What princess doesn't like to make a castle?

Perler beads ~ We made a caterpillar, butterfly, and bee 
(no final pictures surprisingly enough)
Coffee filter butterfly craft project

I actually like Eliana's better (bottom).

P.S.  What does a mom do with all the various craft projects once they are completed?

2 comments:

Karen Davis said...

What great times together! I've enjoyed looking at your pictures and videos! Loved the one of her helping to fix the chicken!

Anonymous said...

Aww! So neat to see the various crafts you have done with Eliana. That is so special. You are a fun mom! And to answer your question honestly, many of ours find their way into the trash . . . after they have lost their newness!!