I LOVE being a mom and I especially treasure it since I wasn't sure if God would ever give me the opportunity. However, I must say that there have been some difficult days recently and this getaway came at the perfect time. This past weekend, I felt more like a wife and it was great. It's hard to explain, but I think (and hope) you understand. We didn't get interrupted every few minutes, there were no bad attitudes and disobedience to address, the toilet training was on hold, we enjoyed some lengthy conversations, and we even appreciated the silent moments. Our time together was sweet, fun, and refreshing. We were able to relax, observe a sunset, and be a little silly. We can't hardly wait to do it again!
3 comments:
Wow, it looks like you guys had a great time! I understand completely what you mean by enjoying the role of wife without having to deal with the role of mommy. I'm long overdue for that...the last time we had a childless getaway was for our 10th anniversary which was 1 1/2 years ago.
Anyway...I love the attempted self-portraits! They're not easy to take, are they? =)
It looks beautiful there! I'm glad you guys were able to get a little time away! That is never a bad thing.
The self-portraits take practice though. Jeremy and I have been doing it for so long we end up doing that more than asking someone. It'd be nice to have more than just our heads in a picture some time though. :)
wow. looks like such an incredible time and I am SOOO glad you got to have the opportunity to just be TOGETHER just the two of you!!!!! How wonderful. And extra great that eliana did so well for your mom and dad.
Post a Comment