Most Wednesday mornings we arrive at the Riverview Library just before it opens at 10:00, stay to enjoy story time, and find new books to borrow. When it gets a bit cooler, I may start to walk to the library again. It takes only 15 minutes or so, which is a nice walk on cooler days. Monday evenings we sometimes find ourselves at the Bloomingdale Library to enjoy Family Bedtime Stories. I have always loved to read, and I pray that maybe these trips to the library, enjoying story time, and reading books at home, will foster in her a love for reading. One of our little "traditions" is to get Eliana a new book at Christmas and for her birthday to gradually build her library.
Of the books we have borrowed, some have been better than others. My need to keep lists (OCD maybe?) has prompted me to keep a record of the books we have read. Here are some of our favorites (I failed to write down the authors.): Ten in the Meadow, Can You Cuddle Like a Koala?, Can You Growl Like a Bear?, Ten in the Den, So Many Bunnies, How Many Mice?, How Do I Love You?, Very Hairy Bear, Counting is for the Birds, K is for Kissing a Cool Kangaroo, One Frog Sang, and One More Bunny.
Maybe we will see you at story time tomorrow!
3 comments:
Yeah for reading and for storytime. I am glad you all are getting good use of the library. I have been taking Emma to babytime at Bloomingdale. It is lots of fun. I think you are doing a great job starting Eliana young with books and reading.
We are the same way! We can't leave the library without checking out at least 30 books. They would love for that to be 30 books each, but I do have to limit them. They would never be able to carry them, so I'd be stuck trying to lug them out to the car and keeping track of them once we got them home. =)
I'm sure Eliana will love to read when she gets older. I've always read lots of books to my girls, and now they can't get enough of them.
Oh, this is funny, I have to tell you this... Alyx was playing Scrabble with Larissa a couple of weeks ago. I've given them permission to use the children's dictionary to look up the spelling of certain words. Well, she was looking one up and got distracted. When I found her, she was curled up on the couch reading the dictionary. =)
how great that you can get to libraries and have this reading in her life from the beginning. Oh how I wish for a library!
Post a Comment