Since Eliana and I are "alone" this weekend, we took the opportunity to ride with my parents and attend a PCS football game at Indian Rocks (Sadly, PCS lost 70-0.). (No, I'm not switching stories. This is leading somewhere.) On the way back, James called. His usual goodnight call started out a little differently than I was anticipating. James' side of the conversation went something like this, "Hi! How are you?" "That's good." "I'm in the emergency room." Lest I bore you with the details of the conversation and leave you "hanging in suspense" for several more minutes, I'll just get to the point. During an obstacle course activity, James broke the thumb on his left hand. He didn't give all of the particulars, but last I talked with him (around 10:00 or so), he was waiting for the x-ray results, but didn't think he would be at the hospital all night. James had two co-workers offer to stay with him and he seemed to be in good spirits, though he mentioned that his pride was hurt a bit (I'll let James share that part of the story if he so chooses. "It" happened in front of 100+ Royal Cup employees so he probably wouldn't mind if I told a few more people, but...).
I am extremely thankful that he didn't sustain a more serious injury, but please pray for James as he begins to heal. With the work he does, his broken thumb will be a hindrance and a possible source of frustration.
** Update **
James was told that he does not have a broken thumb, but a severe sprain and ligament damage (James heard and felt a "pop" when it happened.). The doctor did cast his thumb, so the inconvenience and frustration begins, but James certainly appreciates your prayers.
5 comments:
Oh that's too bad. Of course, my sympathetic husband said, "That's old guys trying to play young." Isn't he a dear? We will be praying for JAmes. That will definetly be a challenge for work.
Oh no!! Surely I will be praying!! I hope he recovers quickly and that it doesnt hinder him too much with his work!
Sorry for the trauma...I understand...these husbands of ours don't know how to keep themselves free from injury.
70-0? Ouch.
OUCH! Tell James we have a surprise for him..it'll keep his mind off it.
Oh, I know that's frustrating. Jason once had the bay of his delivery truck come crashing down on his finger. It actually cut off the tip, but they were able to re-attach it. He was in a lot of pain and out of work for a while.
We will be praying for him that he will heal quickly and that his work won't be hindered.
Post a Comment