Once a month we like to have "Cookies and Milk Night" after church on a Wednesday night. Usually we invite two couples/families over and enjoy some fellowship. Early on James and I would each invite a family/couple without divulging who had been invited, but it became a bit complicated to RSVP as well as plan for enough refreshments. For some reason we have taken an extended hiatus and really need to get back to it. We desire to teach Eliana to "love, give, and use" hospitality, but also learn that it can be done without a great deal of expense.
Eliana always seemed to enjoy helping. Though typically when Eliana wanted to "help" make cookies, she was contained in her high chair and preferred to eat chocolate chips while I made the cookies. The time came for me to venture out of my comfort zone and get Eliana more involved. Monday was the day for this adventure. After reminding Eliana what was in store for the day, I left her for a minute to change clothes and get my apron. When I returned to the kitchen I found all of my canisters lined up in a row on the kitchen counter! I think Eliana was a bit excited!
My cousin, Kari, inspired me to take this on and we had so much fun! (Though it may be a while before I do it again!) :o) Of course, Eliana still wanted her chocolate chips, but this time she did more of the work.
4 comments:
Yummy!!! I'm sure she had a blast! Little girls love helping out in the kitchen. I'm glad you were able to share that experience with her. =)
Can your daughter get any cuter?! Oh my. I love these shots. Thanks for sharing them. What a patient mom to let her help. I know it can be hard to be so patient sometimes... atleast for me.
Awesome!! I am so glad that you ventured out like that and let Eliana enjoy that new experience. It takes double to the time and makes double the mess, but oh how fun!!! She looked like she was having a BLAST!!!! And the cookies turned out so cute!!! Yeah, Eliana!!
I love those cookies with tons of sprinkles. Sometimes I'll just let a child make something with his own hunk of dough (over and over) while I finish up the others.
Post a Comment