The church choir is currently working on a new piece of music, which was composed and arranged by Brigette Shevy (The Wilds). Not only is the music beautiful, but the words are powerful as well.
"By the quiet waters, near the flowing stream, to the rolling meadows, Tender Shepherd, lead me.
Make me lie in pastures, shelter me from harm, hide me by Your side, hold me safe within your arms.
'How I love you, precious lamb, more than you can know. Yet still you tell your Shepherd the pathway you would go?
Sometimes rocky valleys, dark and lonely roads, sometimes barren desserts work out for your good!
There are treasures in the darkness, there are rainbows in the rain.
There are higher joys, and deeper peace, only found through pain.
Will you only let Me lead you? Can you trust that I know best? Will you take My hand and follow? Leave me to the rest?'
Whether by still waters or a stormy sea, I will trust Your pathway knowing You will guide me. Keep my heart from doubting, fix my eyes on You. Tender Shepherd, lead me, till at last, till at last, until then at last, my journey's through. Amen."
I need this reminder from time to time, and maybe these words will encourage you in some way.
4 comments:
I can't wait to hear it. When do you all sing it?
these words were an encouragement to my soul today. thank you for sharing.
Thank you for reminding me of this song! The words are convicting and encouraging at the same time. =)
Lord willing, we should be singing this song in maybe two weeks. We'll have a better idea tomorrow during practice.
Post a Comment