Friday, August 22, 2008

Saving Money

Another five weeks worth of CVS trips have taken place, though not consecutively, and I am thrilled with the progress taking place. Maybe I am finally getting the hang of it (conservatively speaking). :o) Here are the latest numbers:
Retail value: $220.97
Sale value: $171.70
ECB Used: $62.94
Coupons (Mfg. & CVS): $92.49
Out of pocket: $20.30* (Highest was $4.00; lowest was $0.07 - the best so far and I didn't even use an ECB!)
Number of items: 43 (equaling $0.47 per item!)
ECB Earned: $70.26

These particular five weeks were filled with not-so-good deals, confusion at the register (long story), getting James started with his card (not included in these stats), having BIG savings in coupons, and recently receiving a CVS gift card from a friend.  *So, our $20.30 out of pocket total should really be only $11.10 making each item just over $0.26!  

All we can say is Jehovah Jireh!

3 comments:

The Two of Us said...

Yay! Good job! I'm hoping that good deals from CVS aren't headed towards becoming a thing of the past. I heard there are no free after ecbs in the September monthly deals. We'll see.

Anyway, good job. Isn't it fun?

Rebekah Downs said...

Great job! That is fantastic! Have you been getting any of the $3/$15 or $4/$20-type coupons from CVS? I haven't seen one in over a month. It's very difficult to work up really good transactions without them.

Yeah, you've definitely got the hang of it... =)

Anonymous said...

oh man, that is awesome. i so wish we could bargain shop here but that is IMPOSSIBLE. they dont know what a coupon is!!