Saturday, December 20, 2008

One Big Day

Yesterday Eliana and I were able to enjoy a trip to Lowry Park Zoo, compliments of Julie. We had a great time! Samantha and Eliana seemed to have fun together - some one-on-one time that was a special treat! Since Eliana got to bed late on Thursday, I thought for sure we'd need to leave the zoo by 1:30 or so. Well, the burst of energy hit near that time and we didn't leave the zoo until 2:45 or so. She napped in the van on our way to pick up James early from work (another nice treat!), while I missed the exit for I-4 and took a nice detour through downtown Tampa. (This was my first trip to Lowry Park Zoo where I was the one driving and then the detour...I felt like a grown-up yesterday!) Anyway, by the time we got home, Eliana was awake, making a grand total of maybe 40 minutes! Last night we also had planned to take care of a Christmas tradition by going to Christmas Lane in Dover. It was a busy day, but one full of fun and special moments! Here are some pictures from the day!

3 comments:

Rebekah Downs said...

Oh, you are brave to drive through Tampa by yourself. I rely so much on Jason since he's been driving this area for 7 years now. I would have been in tears or on the phone with Jason begging him to come get me. LOL!! =)

The pictures are great! Where is this Christmas Lane? Do they charge admission?

Yeah, Eliana didn't seem too thrilled with Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus. =)

James, Erica, Eliana and Landon said...

Christmas Lane is off of Dover Road - Wooten Road to be exact (north of Hwy 60).

Julie said...

We had a blast too. Glad that you stayed longer. I hated leaving, but Samantha had melted. Oh and I want your camera! Your shots came out great!