Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Things We've Learned - #3: Sicknesses, Injuries, and Crying are Part of Life

As much as we'd like to spare Eliana (and ourselves) from pain and suffering, we know that God intends those very things to teach us something about Him and maybe even something about ourselves. When it was "just us," we didn't think about the "what if's" too often, but with a little one, that can be a temptation. We have to continually remind ourselves that each injury or illness is another opportunity to trust in the sovereignty of God (With our recent family illnesses and injuries this has been a struggle, but we're praying our way through it.).
(It's difficult to see, but Eliana had over 20 ant bites!)






2 comments:

Brownells said...

Oh those pitiful faces!! The kids are so sad when they're hurt or sick.

When my kids get hurt, I get all the hugs and cuddles I can -- it reminds me to sit and snuggle for awhile...other times they're running so fast I can barely grab them!

The Two of Us said...

Those are some sad faces...especially the one at the end. But you are right that we learn from the pain. I loved her outfit today at church!