Creativity comes easily to some people, but others, like me have to work harder at it. Since Thanksgiving is this month, I wanted to do something new and fun that Eliana could participate in so we created a "Thankfulness Tree." Each day the three of us think of things that we can be thankful for, then Eliana adds the leaves to our tree. By Thanksgiving, our tree should be pretty full. Really, could we ever run out of things for which to be thankful??
Anyway, we explained the "Thankfulness Tree" concept to Eliana. (We thought it would come easily for her since she hears a variety of things we are thankful for as we pray each day.) But, after asking Eliana what she was thankful for, she didn't seem to fully understand. So James chimed in by saying he was thankful for his wife (Great answer!). Then it was my turn and back to Eliana.
Now every time we ask Eliana what she is thankful for she says, " I like the wife." You'd think after hearing that answer for ten days straight it wouldn't be as funny, but it is.
"That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving,
and tell of all thy wondrous works" (Psalms 26:7).
Sixteen days and counting...for what/who are you thankful?
2 comments:
What a great idea!!!! I may just steal it!!! and i love elianas cute answer!!!
Kids say the cutest things! Make sure you write it down, or you WILL forget! =)
That is a really neat idea! You say you're not creative, but I beg to differ. =)
Post a Comment