Food coloring can turn anything ordinary into something extra fun! We have changed the color of rice and noodles in the past and continue to color bath water. Rice is harder to sort, but this type of activity can be a great tool for learning colors, sorting colors, measuring, etc. (Apparently we never took pictures of Eliana playing with the colored noodles. And...if you venture into the rice playing, have a vacuum cleaner handy!)


4 comments:
Cute! I've never done the food coloring thing. We have used the Crayola bath tablets that change the water colors, though. They came with the girls' Disney princess magic wands that came with their Disney princess water babies (which have, incidentally, never been "water" babies--I think the bathtub ruins toys like that, and their too expensive to replace). =)
I don't think I would do the rice thing, but I might try dried beans. I bet navy beans or chickpeas would color well, and you'd be able to sort those, too.
Thanks for the ideas and cute pictures. =)
Richard and Rush loved the rice box - I was disappointed at how expensive the big bag has gotten, tho.
Unfortunately, one day they left the lid off and the cat found it --so it had to be thrown out :) Our box looked just like yours.
That is the best idea ever! Wow. I never thought of using food coloring to do that. Well, you know what we will be up to this week... ;)
wow. i have never done this. it is surely something i will have to try! You look like such fun parents!!
Post a Comment