Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

Each time I think about collecting my thoughts to describe what Mother's Day means to me, it seems like an insurmountable task. Even now I fight to hold back the tears as I reflect on just what God has done in our marriage and family during the past sixteen (almost seventeen) years. Most of what I have thought and felt over the years has ended up in poetry form, yet it still doesn't seem to capture it all.

Being childless for almost thirteen years was not easy, yet all the while God was with my every step. Tuesday, March 28, 2006, at 12:12 a.m. God answered our prayers!! My heart is full and every time I look at Eliana I am reminded of God's faithfulness, goodness, sovereignty, and love. "For this child I (we) prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petitions which I asked of him." (1 Samuel 1:27)

My First Mother's Day


My Second Mother's Day

We would like to wish a Happy Mother's Day to our loved ones ~ Mom, Nana, Aunt Vicky, Aunt Jess, and Aunt Jennifer.  

Whether you have been blessed with children, desire to have children, or have lost a child, just remember that God is ALWAYS good.  "The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works." (Psalm 145:8)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have me tearing up here!!! i am still so happy for you guys!