Thursday, July 28, 2011

Change is Good

Our vacations are typically relaxed and not stifled by itineraries, rigid schedules, and the like, but we do have "a plan."  This year our plans were changed.God always has a plan and it's always the perfect plan. At the end of our week we were headed to a wedding in Georgia, taking in a trip to the Atlanta Zoo as well.  At the beginning of the week; however, the starter went out in our van and sat idle for almost two days as we did not have the means to take care of it.  Payday was coming that week, but we knew it would be in our best interest to stay home.  I'll admit it, Monday was difficult and I struggled with maintaining the right attitude about it all.

As the week progressed, I became more and more thankful for the more important things such as spending time with the ones I love the most, experiencing more sunsets at the beach in one week that I had in a while, and getting some things done at home.  It wasn't a "whisked away" kind of vacation, but it was a vacation and for that and more I am truly thankful.

God continues to work on me and I am thankful that He is. After all, shouldn't I be changing into His image?  And I'd say that is more than good.







1 comment:

Kari said...

Thankful you had a wonderful time even with the change in plans. Thanks for sharing how God is growing you!