Friday, September 11, 2009

Eliana's New "Pet"

Can you spot it? :o)

Everyone keeps telling us we have a "girly girl", which makes sense considering that Eliana completely enjoys painted fingernails and toenails, fancy shoes, "spinny" dresses, and princess paraphernalia. However, we have observed a well-balanced daughter who loves being a girl, but who also loves being outdoors.

Lately it has been too hot to even be outdoors for more than five minutes, so when Eliana recently asked if we could go outside, I didn't want to deny her request. While she plays, I usually pull weeds, sweat, trim bushes, sweat, push Eliana in the swing, sweat, etc. If I find anything of interest, I bring it to Eliana's attention, which is exactly what happened the other day.

Our yard seems to be a grasshopper haven and that is what I spotted on our plumbago bush. So, when I showed Eliana the grasshopper, she immediately began trying to figure out how to catch it. As you will be able to see, they became the best of friends while I stayed at arm's length (Well, at least camera length!). :o)



When asked why she was using two fingers like that,
Eliana replied, "Because that's what Mary Poppins 'doos'."
(Remember when she has the singing bird on her fingers?)

I asked Eliana to look at me, and this is the face I got. :o)
"Mommy, get it off!!!"
Apparently she didn't mind it too much!

Eliana liked the grasshopper so much
that she started talking to it.

3 comments:

Julie said...

These are the best shots ever!! Peter and I had a blast looking at them and just laughing. The ones with the grasshopper on her face... priceless.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! One brave girl you have!

Karen Davis said...

They MUST have become friends. I didn't think grasshoppers stayed around that long when people were near! Such ADORABLE pictures!