Light oven; get out bowls, spoons, and ingredients. Grease pan, crack nuts. Remove 18 blocks and toy cars from kitchen table.
Measure out 2 cups of flour; remove Johnny's hands from the flour and wash the flour off Johnny.
Put flour, baking powder, salt in sifter. Get dustpan and brush up pieces of bowl that Johnny knocked off the table and onto the floor. Get another bowl. Answer the doorbell.
Return to kitchen. Remove Johnny's hands from the bowl. Wash Johnny. Get out eggs. Answer phone. Return. Take out greased pan. Remove 1/2" salt from pan. Find Johnny!
Return to kitchen and find Johnny; remove his hands from bowl; wash shortening, etc. off Johnny. Take up greased pan and remove 1/2" layer of nutshells. Head for Johnny (who in fleeing has knocked bowl off table).
Wash kitchen floor; wash table; wash walls; wash dishes. Call up the baker. Lie down. (I add - 1 switch to Johnny and a prayer!)
~ Source Unknown
8 comments:
Hysterical!! What a realistic author!
Can this be anymore true!?
LOL! Yeah, I don't miss those days. I much prefer them actually being able to help me in the kitchen. =)
Very cute - and I love the picture of Eliana at the end.
Well, we've reached another form of this today, but in the form of diaper removal in her crib during what was supposed to be her naptime. :o) We definitely needed to clean up "Johnny!"
Hey, maybe I'm slow or maybe you just put it up, but I just noticed the new picture in your header. I love it! We are in desperate need of a professional family picture. I guess that should be on my "to do" list for this summer. Where do you guys usually get yours done?
Rebekah,
We usually get our pictures done at JCPenneys and I have extra coupons ($3.99 per sheet). If you are portrait club members then there is not a sitting fee, otherwise I think it is $9.99 per person. The Picture People has no sitting fee, but their sheets are maybe $18 each. We did just add the picture to the blog yesterday. Thanks! Our practice is to have our family picture taken each year on Eliana's birthday, so this is from March.
This reminds me of the day we found Rush and the kitchen covered with flour! I'll have to dig out that picture. (And he had on a cowboy hat:))
Post a Comment